March 15, 2013

Free tutorial on how to make monster soap pouch


Awhile back I was at the store and found Johnson's Buddies Easy-Grip Sudzing Bar. It smells nice and is not that expensive but I really bought it because of the non-slip pouch it came in. But I did not like throwing the pouch away after the soap was gone. I thought it would be nice to find a pouch I could use over and over again. After searching the internet, I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.

I did find a great tutorial on how to make a soap pouch from whimsy-love. So I decided to use their tutorial. It is very easy to follow and did not take a lot of time. The only thing I did differently was put a design on the washcloth to more kid friendly and fun.

Before I sewed up the sides, I used felt fabric to make the monster eyes and teeth. I first used Heat 'n Bond and then sewed for reinforcement.
 

I have been using this soap pouch for over a month and so far it has held up but sometimes the soap feels like it is gooey inside so every couple of days, I take the soap put right after bath time to let it dry out a little but overall it has been awesome and my son of course loves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment